sábado, 15 de novembro de 2014

My version of "The Raven"


I remember it very well. It was a very sad December for me. I just lost Lenore, my wife. In a dark night, I went to sleep, crying for this loss. I was nearly sleeping when I heard someone clapping at my chamber door. I tough: It must be a late visitor. I was tired, so it took some time for me to get up and open the door. When I did it, there was no one. Only darkness, and nothing more.
Suddenly, I heard a sound. "It's something in the window, for sure". When I opened it, I saw a raven entering in my bedroom. This elegant bird perched at my Palas' bust.
I was so solitary after losting Lenore that I decided to talk with the raven. I asked him what was his name, and for my surprise, the raven answered:
-Nevermore!
Which man had the chance to talk with a talking bird, I asked myself. I started talking with him, but everything that the raven said was "Nevermore!". Sad because of the death of Lenore, I tried again to talk with the bird, to be "comforted" by him. I asked about Lenore, where she was and things like this. But all that the bird answered was "Nevermore". I was getting scared of him. I asked where did he came from, but, once more, the answer was "Nevermore". Desperate, I said:
-Go back to the shadows!

But the bird stayed perched at my Palas' bust, like a devil who is thinking. From my bed, I could see his shadow, those funeral lines, floating on the ground. I was haunted. My soul was crying. It wouldn't be lifted... Nevermore!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário